Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blue Line Research  (Read 487 times)

nsdrawbridge10

Re: Blue Line Research
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 10:00:43 AM »

I didn't know moore state park was classified at as a cold water resource. Anyone ever fish it. I think it would be pristine enough for natives.

jeffsod

• Baby effin Wheel Kid
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2016, 03:14:41 PM »

Reading in a small stream book I have the author suggests packing a digital PH tester when exploring new water.

Shakeyfly

• No Time to Fish
  • Administrator
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Huge Member
    • The Rules of Fly Fishing
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2016, 10:11:53 AM »

The problem I'm having right now with all the small streams around me, is that most of the are surround with swamps. Making it really tricky to get too. I need a kayak. with the Effin Charles right here, slow moving in and out of populatic, I need to get on that thing.

I've found a couple of promising looking streams, but they are all flowing in and around houses, making it weird to park and fish.
"A desperate and lasting sadness descends on you when you realize you're a fisherman who's not gonna catch fish today."
John Gierach, Good Flies

Matt B

• Really Big Fly
  • Global Moderator
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Addicted to tying classics
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2016, 10:03:46 PM »

Populatic literally has a warm water discharge at one end.  Winter time magnet for bass.

Shakeyfly

• No Time to Fish
  • Administrator
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Huge Member
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2016, 09:15:29 AM »

The Pond? I'm working on a Kayak. I'm trying to explain to my wife that it's a need and not just a want that overrides our current outstanding bills.
"A desperate and lasting sadness descends on you when you realize you're a fisherman who's not gonna catch fish today."
John Gierach, Good Flies

jackd1987

• Par
  • I'm New
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2016, 02:21:08 AM »

Cool stuff here. I checked checked the pdf for where i work. One of the blue line streams is right behind our parking lot. It also flows behind the trailer park next door, and a now abandoned supermarket down the street. I've had to go near it for work a few times. It is filled with shopping carts, mattresses, and needles. Easily some of the nastiest looking water I've ever seen. Your line would probably melt if you casted into it.

On the other hand, there's a river near my house that I've looked at and wondered about a few times. I never fished it, but walked around it a little and didn't see anything. It's blue on the map, I might pay a little more attention to it now.

Shakeyfly

• No Time to Fish
  • Administrator
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Huge Member
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2016, 08:55:21 AM »

Fish the hell out of that shopping cart piece of water...

I'm not kidding, I did that in Franklin last summer. found a small stream behind a shopping market, it also has shopping carts a couple tires etc.

Pulled out a few really nice brookies. Guess the water wasn't as filthy as I thought. Just a shitty looking place to fish.
John Gierach, Good Flies

jackd1987

• Par
  • I'm New
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2016, 11:06:39 PM »

Fish the hell out of that shopping cart piece of water...

I'm not kidding, I did that in Franklin last summer. found a small stream behind a shopping market, it also has shopping carts a couple tires etc.

Pulled out a few really nice brookies. Guess the water wasn't as filthy as I thought. Just a shitty looking place to fish.
I'll try to remember to get a picture of it, you'll change your mind.  :shitstorm

Ryan

• Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Forum Hottie
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2016, 07:11:01 AM »

Ran in to a warden last time we were fishing in Maine. I asked her about a remote pond I had been unable to find hiking.
she gave me good directions, and even told me theres a boat there I can use.
Maine has lots of ponds with individual regs- this is one of them. You can keep one brook trout per day, and it has to be 18+
I asked her if there was really 18+ brookies in there, she said "Oh yeah, but they're hard to catch, but if you fish for more than an hour or so you'll definitely get one."

Shakeyfly

• No Time to Fish
  • Administrator
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Huge Member
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2016, 09:11:23 AM »

she said "Oh yeah, but they're hard to catch, but if you fish for more than an hour or so you'll definitely get one."

:lol holy shit. That's awesome.
John Gierach, Good Flies
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up