Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Bears Den Show Saturday February 25th  (Read 199 times)

jeffsod

• Baby effin Wheel Kid
Bears Den Show Saturday February 25th
« on: February 14, 2017, 09:21:47 AM »

Ok so the annual Bears Den Show is fast approaching. Looks like it should be a good one with Bob Popovics headlining.

The list of tyers is pretty impressive as usual.

Who's going?

Anyone staying for the evening movie?

Official show page - http://www.bearsden.com/page320.html

We are excited to announce our 19th annual fly fishing show
 February 25th 2017 11am-6pm!
Bob Popovics will be headlining!!
ALWAYS FREE ENTRY
 Food available to purchase @ the shop! (mexican + american)
 All the Industries Best Fly Tyers and Vendors in attendance!!

Special presentation for film tour patrons of the late show; Bob Popovics 30year archive “from the vault” video montage 6-7pm not to be missed

Fly fishing film tour showing 10-12 am and 7-9pm
More info TBA!!

Show at the SHOP; Parking at the HOLIDAY INN

No Parking at the store, but there is a FREE shuttle running from the Holiday Inn to the shop non-stop all day. Please don't jeopardize our future shows. There is no parking in or around the shop lot (not at our neighbors either please!!). PLEASE use our free shuttle to access the show!

Shakeyfly

• No Time to Fish
  • Administrator
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Huge Member
    • The Rules of Fly Fishing
Re: Bears Den Show Saturday February 25th
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 09:29:42 AM »

I'm 99% sure I'll be there. I'm just not sure what time.
"A desperate and lasting sadness descends on you when you realize you're a fisherman who's not gonna catch fish today."
John Gierach, Good Flies

fishtaco

• Crew
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Chasing Puffers since 2012
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 06:34:21 PM »

That's the day after I get back from the Philippines so it probably won't happen. I'm sending Shakey to pick up a shirt I won and put me into the raffles.
I have seen death... he drives a white Grand Marquis.

jeffsod

• Baby effin Wheel Kid
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 09:09:46 AM »

Three days and counting. The tying schedule is up on the website. Looks like Popovics is scheduled for 12:15 at the featured tying table. Hope to catch that but timing is going to be close probably for my arrival. They have started posting some of the raffle sponsors on the page too. Many are familiar. Always a good place to pickup a fly line.

Shakeyfly

• No Time to Fish
  • Administrator
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Huge Member
    • The Rules of Fly Fishing
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 09:15:30 AM »

Looking forward to it!
"A desperate and lasting sadness descends on you when you realize you're a fisherman who's not gonna catch fish today."
John Gierach, Good Flies

Ryan

• Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Forum Hottie
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 07:39:23 AM »

The NH show is the same day. I think I have to work in Ct the day before. I may just stay in CT friday night, drive up to the show, then head home and hit the NH show.
I still haven't locked down a sling pack so I am hoping to see some this weekend.

jeffsod

• Baby effin Wheel Kid
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 07:47:54 AM »

Ryan I think Ginclear really likes his Veedavoo. That said there may be a sling pack in the raffle at the den too.

ginclear

• Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Always Learning
    • Gin Clear
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 09:10:32 AM »

I'll be headed over to the show around noonish. I'm gonna check out Vedavoo's new beast sling made of recycled raft material. It may protect the fly boxes a bit more in the surf, although it's not touted as water proof.
https://vedavoo.com/product/water-master-beast-sling/
Instagram @ginclear
Twitter @deanwo
http://gin-clear.blogspot.com

Ryan

• Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Forum Hottie
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 09:27:59 AM »

I'll be headed over to the show around noonish. I'm gonna check out Vedavoo's new beast sling made of recycled raft material. It may protect the fly boxes a bit more in the surf, although it's not touted as water proof.
I spent about a half hour talking to Scott from Vedavoo. Stuff is pretty awesome. I like how low profile the bag is.
I hit up the NH show beforehand. Hell of a lot of driving, but I got to try on slings from about every manufacturer between the two places.
Placing my order for a Vedavoo today, the American made put me over the top, plus he was just a real nice guy.
That Water Master sling is pretty cool, its not recycled really, its the waste material left over after they build a raft. Pretty cool idea.

ginclear

• Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Always Learning
    • Gin Clear
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 10:26:55 AM »

I spent about a half hour talking to Scott from Vedavoo. Stuff is pretty awesome. I like how low profile the bag is.
I hit up the NH show beforehand. Hell of a lot of driving, but I got to try on slings from about every manufacturer between the two places.
Placing my order for a Vedavoo today, the American made put me over the top, plus he was just a real nice guy.
That Water Master sling is pretty cool, its not recycled really, its the waste material left over after they build a raft. Pretty cool idea.
When where you there. Ryan? Jeff & I were there most of the afternoon. Sorry I missed you. Would have loved to meet face to face for the first time.
Instagram @ginclear
Twitter @deanwo
http://gin-clear.blogspot.com

jeffsod

• Baby effin Wheel Kid
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 10:41:09 AM »

Hopefully you were not one of the ones who had to walk back to the hotel in the rain Doh! Guess the bus driver decided to take off for a half hour and have lunch without telling Scott.

Here are some photos of Bob Popovics huge as in life size bunker flies tied using a stiff mono tail attachment and his sick lexan boat carrying case. Some of the coolest big fish flies you will see anywhere.

Ryan

• Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Forum Hottie
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 11:08:31 AM »

When where you there. Ryan? Jeff & I were there most of the afternoon. Sorry I missed you. Would have loved to meet face to face for the first time.
I got there around 2 I think.

fishtaco

• Crew
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Chasing Puffers since 2012
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 11:53:51 AM »

I was there from 2-5. I picked up a small pile of materials and a new bobbin. I also threw $20 into the raffles. I checked out a couple of reels and liked what I saw and heard about the new Orvis Mirage.

Over all I was disappointed in the presentation by the vendors. The tying booths were good as usual though.
I have seen death... he drives a white Grand Marquis.

jeffsod

• Baby effin Wheel Kid
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 01:05:40 PM »

I asked Scott about the rep. from Scott Fly Rods and he said he couldn't attend this time due to a surgery he had this week. But some of the booths that were there were not too elaborate. The guys with the reels; Redington, Sage, Tibor had a canopy over their booth which was a nice try but totally blacked out all the light from the ceiling and made the booth dark without a substitute.

Ryan

• Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Forum Hottie
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 02:48:11 PM »

Whens he going to post up the winners of the raffle? I'm holding off on ordering my sling until I see if I won the one at the show.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up