Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Closing out my striper season  (Read 64 times)

trico22

• Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • addicted to chasing tails
Closing out my striper season
« on: July 19, 2017, 10:56:12 AM »

I am hoping for one, maybe two more outings before heading back to NY on Sunday.  All in all I have been very grateful to have been able to spend the first half of the summer out here.  I had the opportunity to spend some time on the water with alcorb. chrism, ginclear, and jeffsod.  I caught more stripers, by number, than ever before, totaling somewhere around the 280 mark, in 7 weeks. However I have more than enough fingers to count the fish over 20".  The two largest were 25".  I got to visit some new water, and grew more familiar with some of the old favorites.  It was hard for me to do much exploring around RI, with the feeling that time was short, I tended to focus on areas I know.  Anyway, here are a few shots from the last 7 weeks.  Next week I will be working on the Raquette River in NY and hope to target some smallmouth.  Later in August I have work in MT and ID, and am taking a quick jaunt up to AK to join my parents and brother for a day or two on the Kenai.  Also hope to find some time to explore the ADKs a bit more and find some lake brookies this fall before the salmon start entering the rivers.  Point being, it is hard to leave the southern MA/RI shores, but other adventures await!

« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 11:00:42 AM by trico22 »

Shakeyfly

• No Time to Fish
  • Administrator
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Huge Member
    • The Rules of Fly Fishing
Re: Closing out my striper season
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 11:00:40 AM »

Looks like a good striper season to me... Besides, not far on the horizon you got FRIGGIN STEELHEAD TO PLAY WITH!!
"A desperate and lasting sadness descends on you when you realize you're a fisherman who's not gonna catch fish today."
John Gierach, Good Flies

ginclear

• Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Always Learning
    • Gin Clear
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 03:28:12 PM »

I'm glad we got out together this season, Tyler. I think most of us have only found the smaller schoolies in numbers and just a few in the upper twenties. Safe travels and maybe we can figure out a way to meet for some fall ADK fishing. I plan to go up there at some point later this year.

ID, MT and AK trips certainly are something to look forward to.
Instagram @ginclear
Twitter @deanwo
http://gin-clear.blogspot.com

jeffsod

• Baby effin Wheel Kid
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 07:01:59 AM »

Tyler it was great meeting up with you Wednesday night for one of your last salt outings! A couple of photos to lock in the memories for you...

Chris M

• Propeller Assassin
  • Administrator
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 10:41:22 PM »

Nice Tyler. Congrats on a winning season
Pages: [1]   Go Up