Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leftover Legend X  (Read 65 times)

Ryan

• Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Forum Hottie
Leftover Legend X
« on: August 23, 2017, 04:18:21 PM »

Just picked up a left over 7wt Legend X from Natick Outdoors. I didn't need it, didn't even really want it. It was on EBay, closing in 30 seconds for more than half off so I did it.
when I got it I immediately hated the black grip. Went out and used it yesterday though and I love it. I actually think I like it more than my other Legend.

I was only on Ebay because I was looking for a replacement 8 wt... ended up buying a Sage Pulse too. Hope I like that as much.

Shakeyfly

• No Time to Fish
  • Administrator
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Huge Member
    • The Rules of Fly Fishing
Re: Leftover Legend X
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 07:51:02 AM »

hahaha I've done that type of purchase before. I've placed bids figuring that I wouldn't win, but honestly just felt like if I didn't make an effort I was an idiot, then next thing you know I'm 100 or so bucks out. :lol
"A desperate and lasting sadness descends on you when you realize you're a fisherman who's not gonna catch fish today."
John Gierach, Good Flies

Ryan

• Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Forum Hottie
Re: Leftover Legend X
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 07:05:00 AM »

I was in need of a 7wt anyway, I never replaced the one I broke fishing with Matt in NY a decade ago... I just was in a more urgent need of the 8 since that is what I wanted for the trip to FL next month. It worked out anyway, I got two rods for what I was planning to spend for one, and I really like them both.

I was just really surprised how much I like this weird ass grip
Pages: [1]   Go Up