Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CT River in NH  (Read 56 times)

Shakeyfly

• No Time to Fish
  • Administrator
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Huge Member
    • The Rules of Fly Fishing
CT River in NH
« on: September 11, 2017, 04:00:50 PM »

BUT NOT UP by Francis. Anyone ever fish the southern part of the river? Decent? Can you share any spots? Going to be in the area for work, want to take advantage.
"A desperate and lasting sadness descends on you when you realize you're a fisherman who's not gonna catch fish today."
John Gierach, Good Flies

trico22

• Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • addicted to chasing tails
Re: CT River in NH
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 05:34:04 PM »

Where are you staying?  I'll hit you back tomorrow

Shakeyfly

• No Time to Fish
  • Administrator
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Huge Member
    • The Rules of Fly Fishing
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 07:40:05 AM »

Looks like I will be in Keene, NH for a couple of days potentially early next month.
"A desperate and lasting sadness descends on you when you realize you're a fisherman who's not gonna catch fish today."
John Gierach, Good Flies

trico22

• Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • addicted to chasing tails
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 10:18:44 AM »

I think in that area you are going to find it fishes more like a warm water lake than a river.  There are some shore access areas, but mostly for boat launches and I am not sure how good the fishing would be from shore.  I would a say decent bet would be to go to the pool below the Vernon Dam.  There is an access on the VT side.  Swing some crawdad flies for smallies.  On the NH side there is an access near the intersection of Prospect St and Brattleboro Road.  There is a little RR bridge there that has some current and could concentrate some fish.  There is also a small ramp on River Road in West Chesterfield.  Hard to see it on GoogleMaps, but just north of the red roofed structure, around 292 River Road.  But again, brushy bank and not much to make it particularly fishy.   Another option would be where 119 crosses the river into Brattleboro.  There is parking and river access on the island.  If you cross the road and make your way to the N part of the island there is a sandbar that could provide some good structure.  Have not fished many of these places but came across them doing recreation surveys for work a year or two ago.  If you want to head farther north, Sumner Falls, on the VT side is a cool spot.  Good luck!
Pages: [1]   Go Up