Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pulaski  (Read 244 times)

Shakeyfly

• No Time to Fish
  • Administrator
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Huge Member
    • The Rules of Fly Fishing
Re: Pulaski
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2017, 08:49:54 AM »

Great report, Ryan! It must have felt good to get out and fish with buds. So we need to hear the rest of the story. Plumbing and job.

So I still have a Job but everything is up in the air. More than 75% of my company has been given notice to look for a new job. Some until the end of the year some until march and the last wave until May. Right now, they are saying I'm a full time employee and not part of the change, but who knows.

AS for the plumbing I'll make this quick.
The pipe burst due to pressure. the plumber thinks it was a froze pipe because of the way it was not insulated. So he replaces the pipe. Within 5 hours the new replaced pipe bursts. and water every where again. Thankfully, it was the same hole in the ceiling above the tub so the spraying water went down the drain. He fixes that and replaces the expansion tank which was 100% full and the diaphragm on the inside was broken. My wife then goes to do laundry the next day and the basement is covered in about 1/2 of water... because they forget to attach the water hose at the back of the washer... So my wife was pretty pissed and flustered. Dealing with a cranky kid, and all this plumbing shit while I was out drinking and fishing with the boys.
"A desperate and lasting sadness descends on you when you realize you're a fisherman who's not gonna catch fish today."
John Gierach, Good Flies

Matt B

• Really Big Fly
  • Global Moderator
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Addicted to tying classics
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2017, 09:13:14 AM »

this is why you learn to fix shit yourself lol

Chris M

• Propeller Assassin
  • Administrator
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2017, 09:54:59 AM »

Good report, despite the lack of biting fish.

Owning a house can greatly increase your mechanical know-how.  If you choose to accept the challenge  :)

Shakeyfly

• No Time to Fish
  • Administrator
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Huge Member
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2017, 10:03:33 AM »

this is why you learn to fix shit yourself lol

No doubt. But with a wife who already has severe anxiety, she's not too keen on me, getting in there, replacing expansion tanks, and blow-off valves on the boiler. She didn't even want me to touch the drywall repair, until I just did it myself.

I know my limits. I'm not a plumber or an electrician or a wood worker. Basic shit, yeah no problem. Wiring in something new, sweating copper pipes, or boiler work other than purging air bubbles... nope.
"A desperate and lasting sadness descends on you when you realize you're a fisherman who's not gonna catch fish today."
John Gierach, Good Flies

albcorb

• Tuna
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2017, 05:45:09 PM »

Nice trip! I missed it this year. As for house shit I do it all myself but I do boilers, a/c electrical as part of my job and used to be a carpenter. These are the times your supposed to call in favors
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Fine Lines: “There will be days when the fishing is better than one’s most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.” Roderick Haig-Brown

Shakeyfly

• No Time to Fish
  • Administrator
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Huge Member
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2017, 08:18:33 PM »

Nice trip! I missed it this year. As for house shit I do it all myself but I do boilers, a/c electrical as part of my job and used to be a carpenter. These are the times your supposed to call in favors

You're my new best friend :)
John Gierach, Good Flies

albcorb

• Tuna
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2017, 07:47:21 PM »

I have no friends...

Fine Lines: “There will be days when the fishing is better than one’s most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.” Roderick Haig-Brown

Shakeyfly

• No Time to Fish
  • Administrator
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Huge Member
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2017, 08:02:05 PM »

I have no friends...

:(
John Gierach, Good Flies

fishtaco

• Crew
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Chasing Puffers since 2012
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2017, 09:13:45 PM »

I have no friends...

Meet Chris and me at the Kilt for beers, you can replace shakey as our friend.
I have seen death... he drives a white Grand Marquis.

Chris M

• Propeller Assassin
  • Administrator
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2017, 11:56:35 AM »

Hmmmmmm, Kilts

trico22

• Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • addicted to chasing tails
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2017, 12:39:09 PM »

I have no friends...
[/quote]

I plan to be on the river this weekend, come on out

albcorb

• Tuna
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2017, 06:54:14 PM »

Wish I could! I gotta stop working 300 days a year. Working the next few weekends already scheduled
Hard to pass up a weeks worth of money in two days. Love that double bubble!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up