Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: SALES FYI  (Read 2076 times)

Matt B

• Really Big Fly
  • Global Moderator
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Addicted to tying classics
Re: SALES FYI
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 09:58:57 AM »

http://www.froggtoggs.com/store/wading-products/waders/breathable.html

Looks like frogg toggs has some breathable waders on closeout for 60 bucks right now.

if by breathable, they mean water permeable like their rainsuits...i'd say waders might be a bad idea.

Shakeyfly

• No Time to Fish
  • Administrator
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Huge Member
    • The Rules of Fly Fishing
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 10:05:51 AM »

:lol that bad? I was just on their site looking for an ultralight rain jacket for hiking, and didn't even realize they made waders.
"A desperate and lasting sadness descends on you when you realize you're a fisherman who's not gonna catch fish today."
John Gierach, Good Flies

kirkenplop

• Brookie
  • Hackle Hack
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 10:12:50 AM »

Keep your eye out for closeouts on the Simms Paclite jacket... I think they made some slight design or color changes, and last year's model can be had pretty cheap.   I picked one up for $70-75 or so in the fall off STP.
“If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong.”
― John Gierach

Matt B

• Really Big Fly
  • Global Moderator
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 10:16:02 AM »

:lol that bad? I was just on their site looking for an ultralight rain jacket for hiking, and didn't even realize they made waders.

yeah, anything paclite would be better than that crap.  Or go to homedepot and get some tyvek house wrap, and sew up a poncho.  Its about the same thing froggtoggs

STP has been unloading those waders also

Shakeyfly

• No Time to Fish
  • Administrator
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Huge Member
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 10:22:02 AM »

yeah I'm just looking for something that I can crunch up into a hiking bag on the days that there might be some rain. I was going to my Simms jacket but I paid wayyyyy to much for it and it ways 33 ounces :lol
"A desperate and lasting sadness descends on you when you realize you're a fisherman who's not gonna catch fish today."
John Gierach, Good Flies

Matt B

• Really Big Fly
  • Global Moderator
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 10:30:25 AM »

cabelas brand rainwear, I believe has a paclite option for not a lot of money.  I'm always  impressed with the quality/price of cabelas outdoor wear.  Might be worth checking it out, also it shows up in the 'bargain cave' there as well.

Travis

• Steelhead
  • Water Hiker
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 10:53:04 AM »

yeah I'm just looking for something that I can crunch up into a hiking bag on the days that there might be some rain. I was going to my Simms jacket but I paid wayyyyy to much for it and it ways 33 ounces :lol

I picked up a North Face gor-tex jacket for just that reason. It is super light, unlined, breathable, waterproof, has a hood rolled up in the collar and I have field tested it....very light but water and windproof to keep you dry and warm when the weather blows in on you. Got it at Sports Authority for $80
"There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." 

-Lefty Kreh

Shakeyfly

• No Time to Fish
  • Administrator
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Huge Member
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 10:58:02 AM »

I picked up a North Face gor-tex jacket for just that reason. It is super light, unlined, breathable, waterproof, has a hood rolled up in the collar and I have field tested it....very light but water and windproof to keep you dry and warm when the weather blows in on you. Got it at Sports Authority for $80

Awesome thanks. I was going to hike monadnock this past weekend and as I was packing up my daybag I realized that my fishing rain jackets are just wayyyy to heavy and doesn't pack nice at all.
John Gierach, Good Flies

Ryan

• Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Forum Hottie
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 03:51:20 PM »

http://www.steepandcheap.com/
SAC has been having lots of fly fishing stuff the last two days. didn't get here in time before placing my order (sorry), they just had a Wright and McGill 10wt.

Ryan

• Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Forum Hottie
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2013, 08:50:34 AM »

Lamson Guru spools half-off. SAC

k2

• Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • fan of the rainbrown
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2013, 02:24:24 PM »

Cabelas has G.Loomis Cross Currents on sale.  I've been eyeing one of these as a new 8 wt for quite some time.

Ryan

• Baby effin Wheel Kid
  • Forum Hottie
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2013, 02:26:22 PM »

The Clymb had Ross reels and rods, but they already sold out. I am looking for a Vexis 3.5

Matt B

• Really Big Fly
  • Global Moderator
  • Baby effin Wheel Kid
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2013, 04:01:57 PM »

feather-craft.com has a 40% off RIO lines right now...have to mention it at checkout.

jeffsod

• Baby effin Wheel Kid
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2013, 09:37:59 AM »

ll beans Spring Fishing sale this weekend. Their branded rods and reels 20% off. The stillwater click pawl looks like a good little freshwater reel for the money.

dryflyphil

• Brookie
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2013, 01:59:25 PM »

Cabelas has their spring sale going on, and I'm kicking around the idea of a new 3 or 4wt 4pc fly rod. They seem to change the line up every few days, so its a gamble of when to pull the trigger. I've got a S-load of Cabela gift cards burning a hole in my wallet, so its just a matter of when.

On top of the sale, they offer free shipping on all rods & reels no matter what type & style. That also means no sales tax for Deval  :P  if its shipped to Mass.

Its getting close to spring fishing season, so I'm feeling that I should buy something fishy
"Fly rods are like potato chips, you can't just have one."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Up